In need of a good New Year’s Resolution? Well you’re in luck! Over the next ten weekdays we’ll be giving you a different way each day that you can help the TS movement. We hope that these ideas move and inspire you to contribute to the cause. Let’s make 2012 a year for the record books.
Action #9: Donate/Fundraise
Like every other charitable organization, the TSFC relies on donations to keep its doors open and provide programs and services for the people affected by TS who come to us by the thousands every year over the phone and through email, and by the tens of thousands online. Here are some examples who how people of different ages and budgets can contribute financially to the cause:
- Join the Trek for Tourette and raise pledges in your community, or organize a Trek in your community if there isn’t one
- Become a critical monthly donor
- Donate your time by becoming a volunteer
- Want to honour someone by recognizing an event or occasion? Send a card (check the box marked ‘Make this donation in honour, memory, or in celebration of someone’)
- Are you a grandparent? Join our Grandparents Club and share more than your genes
- Have a product or service to give? Donate a gift in kind
- Do you wish to directly support research on TS? Donate to the Mort Doran Research Fund
- Think of your own fundraiser
You can donate and fundraise in lots of other ways. Suggest one of your own by leaving a comment, and stay tuned for tomorrow’s final installment in this ten-part series.