Family Bowling is Back!
A Sunday afternoon of fun with other families. Join us for an afternoon of bowling and fun on
Sunday, February 26, 2017 from 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at Academy Lanes, 394 Academy Road, Winnipeg.
The Winnipeg chapter of Tourette Canada hosts this event, which includes bowling, pizza and a beverage.
Come out with the family and join other families who have a family member with Tourette Syndrome.
See below for more information.
• Please RSVP attendance & numbers attending by: February 17, 2016 to: email@example.com or call and leave a voice mail message at: 1-800-361-3120 ext. 62
Trek for Tourette
Winnipeg takes place on Sunday, March 26, 2017 at Assiniboine Park at 10:00 a.m. Registration at 9:00 a.m. at the Duck Pond Shelter. Learn more, or make a donation, at www.tourette.ca/trek.
Tourette Syndrome Service (Clinic)
The Tourette Syndrome Service (TSS) provides consultation, assessment and treatment to children and adolescents who are experiencing symptoms of Tourette Syndrome in conjunction with associated disorders.
Children and adolescents who are experiencing symptoms of Tourette’s Syndrome (TS), also known as Tourette Disorder (TD) along with other co-occurring disorders such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Referrals from individuals, family members, physicians, mental health professionals, or other individuals can be directed to the Child & Adolescent Mental Health Centralized Intake Service at (204) 958-9660.
• Services are provided by a multidisciplinary team and may include: • Assessment (psychiatric, psychological, educational and occupational therapy)
• Individual therapy
• Family therapy
• Group therapy (tic management, positive parenting -Triple P)
• Emotional regulation and organization skills
• Medication management
• School liaison and consultation
• Public education
Tourette Syndrome Service
228 Maryland Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 1L6
The Winnipeg Chapter meets on the 3rd Wednesdays of the month (except for July and August). Meetings are open to all members and those people who are interested in becoming members and are open to all interested parties. We conduct our business in an open environment and welcome attendance. Meetings are conducted from 7:00–9:00 p.m.
Park Boardroom, Pavilion Gallery Museum, 55 Pavilion Crescent (Assiniboine Park) Winnipeg.
Jan 18, Feb 15, Mar 15, Apr 19, May 17, Jun 21, Sep 20, Oct 18, Nov 15.
PO BOX 49077 RPO Garden City,
Winnipeg, R2V 4G8
- President – Brenda Savilaakso
- Vice President – Sherri Brayshaw-Spencer
- Secretary – Shari Loewen
- Treasurer – Lorne Perrin
- Past President – Kathy Helbren
- Director – Julie DeGroot
- Director – Stan Runions
- Director – Joe Keszi
- Director – Len Dalman
- Contact Coordinator – Verna Perrin
- Advisor – Gary Shady, Ph.D.
- Advisor – Calvin Barbour, RPN Case Coordinator
1-800-361-3120 ext. 62