Volunteer Job Description
2-3 Days per week (22.5 hours)
Are you a professional administrative specialist who is looking to gain exceptional experience in the nonprofit sector or perhaps looking to keep busy in your retiring years? No matter your circumstance, if you have the desire to volunteer for a National Charitable Organization and support its leadership with meaningful and much needed administrative support, we want to hear from you!
Purpose and Scope of the Position: To assist the Executive Director primarily and at times, other staff members, in providing services to the Foundation and its members, in accordance with the Foundation’s Mission, and in such a manner that optimum results are achieved, with the resources available.
The role of the executive assistant is support the office of the Executive Director and thereby support and enhance the work of the organization. The Executive Assistant will volunteer in collaboration with the Executive Director.
SPECIFIC Tasks (include but are not limited to):
Note: The information above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and/or duties.
- Perform secretarial/administrative duties as may be required
- prepare reports and minutes
- Telephone support, Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey management
- Support communication strategies with internal and external stakeholders
- Play a key role in supporting the home office with leadership support
- Organize and support meetings, calendar schedules and appointments requirements
- Support expense report completion
- Some database work, filing as needed
- Volunteer hours certificates can be awarded
Relations with Volunteers, Members and the Public
- Interpret the function of the Foundation in a positive manner through personal contact and existing literature
- Promote voluntarism through personal contact
- Act to maintain effective public relations in a calm, friendly and compassionate manner
- Maintain appropriate relations with volunteers, the Board of Directors and any Committees
- MS office, Internet, SEO, Social Media, MS Publisher, Outlook,
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to juggle competing demands for time and information
- Ability to travel, if required
- Ability to work from office or from home location
- Bilingualism considered an asset (English, French)
- A willing and CAN DO attitude
- Flexibility to work within a fast paced environment
- A person who seek to achieve excellence in all matters
- A secure computer and internet connection, phone to work virtually
- A clean and valid driver’s licence;
- Clear criminal reference check
- A commitment to volunteer 2-3 days each week for a minimum of one year
If you consider yourself to be a mature, dependable professional who is willing to volunteer 2-3 days per week to support the office of the Executive Director for a national charitable organization please forward your resume, in confidence, with two personal and/or professional references to email@example.com by November 30th.
No phone calls please