(SUMMER STUDENT POSITION FUNDED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA)
Provides research and administrative support to the Resource Development team and the development of donor prospects.
The student will work with the Executive Director and Fund Development Coordinator to assist with developing and implementing 2018/2019 Resource Development Plan. Research and identify potential program partners and funders to meet the goals set by the Executive Director. Work with the fundraising committee to support the identification of other possible resource development strategies, as well as assisting with the implementations of said strategies. Participate, liaise, and collaborate in the implementation of local community fundraising and educational events: The 2018 Charity Golf Tournament, 2018/2019 Trek for Tourette.
● Assists with research of individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations;
● Researching various Grants
● Prepares briefing notes and pulls together materials from external sources;
● Updates information on existing and potential donors using MS Excel and Sumac software; and
● Assists with community events
● Drafts request letters, grant applications and other materials
● Liaise with the Resource Development committee to support the identification of other fundraising strategies
● Assist and implement current fundraising strategies
● Various administrative and event assistant miscellaneous work
● At all times work within the confines of the Health and Safety Act of Ontario, and the current safety policies of Tourette Canada.
- Must be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year (Grade, 11, 12, college, university) and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with Ontario legislation and regulations.
- High degree of professionalism and adherence to maintaining confidentiality and privacy;
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail; and
- Computer experience in MS Office
- A strong passion for Resource Development best practice and charitable purposes
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, SUMAC Preferred
- Effective prioritizing and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a small team
Compensation and Time Commitment:
- Monday to Friday: 35 hours per week.
- Start Date: 8-week contract: TBD
- End Date: August 17, 2018
- Contract is 8 weeks in Total
- Compensation: $14.00 per hour
- Office location: Close to Toronto Pearson Airport
Application Due by: Thursday, May 28 2018
Please submit your cover letter and resume
By fax: 905-673-2638
Or by email to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote Resource Development Assistant in the subject line or Fax Title
No phone calls, please.